Saturday, November 17, 2012

Be Prepared

As a leader you need to think ahead, work out contingency plans, see when a course correction is needed, and generally always be prepared for what is to come. At work, this comes naturally to me.

Home is a bit different. The recent devastation of Hurricane Sandy coupled with my daughter doing a talk for her English class on the Zombie Apocalypse made me think about my personal emergency preparedness. Was I ready? The answer was a resounding no. Today, I made it a priority. It was not that hard. Within a few hours I had a decent kit ready and enough food and water for my family for 72 hours. The food has been labelled so that I can either eat it or donate it to the food bank in advance of it expiring.  And I have a really cool urban multitool. I should have done this years ago. But now I am ready.

If you do not have an emergency kit, don't delay any longer. Information is available to help you get started at http://www.getprepared.gc.ca/index-eng.aspx.

Be ready when the Zombies attack!


No comments:

Post a Comment